Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Grammar Wars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Grammar Wars

    I dont know about everyone else on here, but I get tired of seeing people get attacked just because their grammar is not as great as others. As long as they make their point and people basically understand what they are trying to say what does it matter? If you're in a job setting or something then I can see it making a difference. But on here all we do is just talk about the local happenings with each other. Who cares if someone says ain't instead of isn't or aren't? A instead of An? Effect instead of Affect or vice versa? Im not trying to start a debate over it or anything, I just thought it was something that needed to be said.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Im guessing you didint have Betty Carter
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  3. #3
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Actually yes I did. I just meant I do not see why when someone makes a gramatical error everyone has to jump all over them on here. You wouldnt do that to someone in public. If I went into Wal-mart and said "I ain't going to wait in line for 30 minutes to get a quart of milk" I doubt a single person would say anything about it, but if someone says a instead of an or their sentence structure isn't perfect, then 2 or 3 users (sometimes more) have to make it a point to tell them, down them about it, and make them feel stupid.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Then you wouldnt worry about it. Whenever I start to mess up a sentence, I just see her looking at me.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  5. #5
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    I loved having her as a teacher. I still see her sometimes, she's a nice lady.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    She the English teacher from Pound? If so I think I had her in summer school. Anyways I could care lees about punctuation or spelling as long I can figure out what the posters point is.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •